p: (315) 433-8332
The OCM BOCES eLearning & Model Schools Programs offer instructional technology integration strategies and support with the goal of transforming teaching to meet the needs of 21st-century learners.
The eLearning Service provides many instructional opportunities around distance learing, videoconferencing, and on-line courses.
- Courses such as foreign languages, electives, college courses, and many other classes that students may not have access to in their schools.
- Enrichment opportunities, sometimes known as virtual field trips, offer connections for students and educators with experts on topics that are being taught in the classroom. Examples would be connections with NASA, Ellis Island, zoos, museums, aquariums, and many more places!
- Professional development and meetings are now supported by the use of videoconferencing, saving on time and travel from your district or building.
Model Schools Professional Development includes over 100 learning opportunities for teachers and administrators throughout the year, delivered in several formats: face-to-face workshops, on-line courses, special meetings and user-groups, and on-site support . All Model Schools Professional Development is provided at no additional charge for districts enrolled in the OCM BOCES Model Schools Program.
There are a variety of forms that must be filled out by trainers, instructors, substitutes, and administrators regarding the Model Schools Program. The trainer is responsible for collecting these forms and submitting them to the appropriate person (either the district’s business manager or the Model Schools Coordinator).
On-line Courses: 24/7 Access
Our growing catalog of on-line professional development offerings gives teachers the flexibility of learning at their own pace. Course offerings include:
- Flipped Classroom
- Online and Blended Learning
- Bring Your Own Device Strategies
- Interactive Boards
- Digital Storytelling
- Google Tools
- Internet Safety
Contact us for more information about some of our newest services:
Join us at OCM BOCES or schedule a custom workshop at your district. The Model Schools Team is prepared to deliver quality professional development tailored to your teachers' and administrators' curricular needs.